“Serve the Lord with gladness: come before His presence with singing!” Psalm 100:2
The primary goal of music ministry here at Rivermont Evangelical Presbyterian Church is the joyful and reverent worship of the true and living God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The people of Rivermont are active participants in the Worship of God in every service. We voice our praises with great enthusiasm through Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs. We sing with all our hearts, souls, and minds as we are led by our organist and choir. Our spirits are lifted as one voice as we sing and are carried along by the Holy Spirit.
Church members is not required in order to participate in our music ministries.
The Sanctuary Choir
This choir, with a long tradition of excellence in choral music, is privileged to serve in music leadership during worship in each Sunday morning service. The choir presents an anthem, and with the organ, assists in the leadership of the hymns. In addition, the Sanctuary Choir annually presents two full evenings of inspirational choral literature. It is preferred that those interested in serving in this worship ministry have some previous choir or other vocal performance experience. Membership is open to singers high school age and above.
Rehearsals: Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Contact: Peggy Bettcher, Director of Music Ministries
Handbell music adds a special instrumental dimension to our worship experiences here at Rivermont. The sound of handbells brings a sense of joyfulness and excitement to our praise of God, and at other times evokes a sense of peace and serenity. Many of the hymn arrangements presented in the services have texts which are familiar.
Each choir presents special music in Sunday worship services on a regular basis. It is preferable for a member of a handbell choir to have some music background, but no previous ringing experience is necessary.
- Carillon Handbell Choir (Adults and High School age) This choir presents challenging, advanced-level handbell selections. Rehearsals: Wednesdays 5:15-6:00 p.m. (September through May)
- Rivermont Chimes (Beginning Youth – about 3rd and 4th Grades) Members will begin to develop skills in note reading, rhythm, and playing together in an ensemble. Rehearsals: Wednesdays 4:30-5:10 p.m. (September through May)
- Rivermont Ringers (Intermediate Youth – about 5th and 6th Grades above) Members will continue to develop their musical talents and skills in this choir. Rehearsals: Wednesdays 3:45-4:25 p.m. (September through May)
- Praise Ringers (Youth - about 7th through 12th Grades) Members will continue to develop their musical talents through challenging handbell selections. Rehearsals: Wednesdays 4:30 - 5:10 p.m. (September through May)
For information regarding handbell choir opportunities, please contact Peggy Bettcher, Director of Music Ministries
Each choir presents an anthem in Sunday worship on a regular basis. The umbrella concept for all choirs is to promote “joy in singing to the praise and glory of God.”
- The Cherub Choir (Ages 4 – Grade 2) Here we focus on the voice God has given us and how we each try to sing the same sounds (pitches) at the same time. The words we sing will have much to do with God’s love and how He created each of us. Rehearsals: Room 308 on Wednesdays from 5:15-5:45 p.m. (September through May) Director: Whitney Palombo
- The Chapel Choir (Grades 3-6) This choir will harness the natural enthusiasm of this age group and promote the concept of always presenting our best efforts in our Praise of God. The words of our songs will emphasize truths from God’s written Word, the Bible. Rehearsals: Choir Room on Wednesdays from 5:15-5:45 p.m. (September through May) Director: Lori Flowers
- New Song (Grades 7-12) The youth will lift praises to our God and King through the singing of various styles of songs. Part singing will be emphasized. Rehearsals: Room 301 on Wednesdays from 5:15-5:45 p.m. (September through May) Director: Julia Sansone
For information regarding children’s choir opportunities, please contact Peggy Bettcher, Director of Music Ministries