ONGOING MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
Sunday School: A time of fellowship, worship, and the study of God's Word. We believe the Holy Spirit changes people through the Word of God, so the Scriptures are at the forefront of all our teaching. Students are placed in classes based upon grade. Here is what each class is studying this Winter/Spring.
- 7th Grade: Basic Christian Beliefs led by Josh and Ciera Dempsey: Using Wayne Grudem’s Christian Beliefs as a guide, students will examine and study the essentials of Christian theology. Students will learn about the characteristics of God, being created in the image of God, what God has done for us in Christ, the purpose of the church, and much more.
- 8th Grade: How to Study the Bible led by Jen Watson and Erika Matney: What does spending time with God look like? Where do we begin when we want to read the Bible? This class will help student answer those questions and more. Students will be provided with practical tips on how to study the Bible and benefit from time with our Creator.
Sunday Night Live: SNL is a relational time of snacks, fun, and games. We believe the Holy Spirit changes people through relationships too, so please come and enjoy spending time with each other. Please contact Josh Dempsey for the schedule or you can view the church calendar.
Rivermont Fellowship Night: Elijah and Elisha burst into Israel’s history at a time of idolatry and evil, and God used them to confront and expose Israel. But these men, just like us, also knew weakness and failure. Not so much as mighty men, but as men serving the mighty God. In God’s grace, Elijah and Elisha persevered, and revealed God’s mighty sovereignty, grace, power, justice, and salvation. We face the same pressures that Elijah and Elisha experienced. There ups and downs speak to us too. RFN lasts 10 weeks and begins Wednesday, September 13 and ends Wednesday, November 15
Friday Night Lights: FNL is once a month for a different grade and gender each month. Students meet at different homes and enjoy dinner and games together and this allows for students to get to kmow one another better. Please contact Josh Dempsey for the schedule or you can view the church calendar.
- No Walls Picnic: Join us the 2nd Saturday of every month at the Hunton-Randolph Center on 12th Street from 12:00-2:00pm
- Tutoring: We tutor students at the Youth For Truth Center on Tuesdays from 4:30-6:00pm during the school year. If you would like to serve in this area please contact Josh
- 7th-8th Grade Modgnik: September 8-10, 2018 (Rockbridge YL Camp)
- The Edge Middle School Conference: June 18-22, 2018 (Covenant College)
For more information about any our opportunities or events please contact Josh Dempsey